Sunday, February 17, 2008

Chapter 9: Some Friday in the Buttermilks, I tell ya...

High all! Wow! The last two days of climbing been a blast. First, the temperature is perfect in the buttermilk but too warm in the Table Land. A bit of off roading is required to get up there. Imagine doing so with the minivan. Interesting. Friday morning, the crew gathered and warmed up at the Birthday boulder. Still fun to get your ass kicked by a V1 slab. A few try later, I was out of breath on top of the thing. Umm, how to get down now. Should had looked that up first. You learn really fast not to make that mistake again.

The air was crisp, finger pads thick, this is going to be good. We headed to Fly Boy for a quick onsight of the sit down start.


After a few good fly from the top, some members of the crew had enough of flying lessons. Time for the Bowling pin boulder. I was not going to put my shoes but the line was stellar. Quick warm up of the hands, a few hard pulls - harder then expected - and 'The ten pin trial' was dispatched flashed style. No footage for that one, Karine did not had time to take out the camera. Good thing cause you would hear some 'crying like a little girl' for the top out of that one. How do we come down now? Damn, I did it again.

Next on the list, soul slingner. This line is impressive and very intimidating to me. Three try later with some heel trickery of mine, I was on top.



This already amazing day could not be complete without attempting the soo popular 'High plain drifter'. Actually, the coming down is harder then the going up. Wooo, bring some crack climbing skill and a good set of nerves. I used to have the crack skills, umm, only left with the nerves...Yap, complaining their was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pepe, you look so tall and slim in the videos :) nice work. we miss you :(

Alanis said...

I love your happy dance after the send! I went to the Buddah earlier this week. Was fun to get outdoors. I need to work on my head space when it comes to hights with outdoor bouldering. I'm still a chicken!
Miss you tons!
AG