Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Chapter 6: Back in Bishop!

If you want good climbing weather, make sure you don't bring me on the road with you.
The wind and the rain joined me in the capital of the slot machines. I guess not everybody's a winner like they say here. What can I do? It is snowing in Bishop, raining hard in Vegas, Utah is too cold and everybody left for Hueco. What about Phoenix? Weather looks solid and it's the home of the PBC (Phoenix Bouldering Competition).

So I packed the van. 7 hours later, I pull into the Oak Flats camp ground. It is 0 degrees out side, it is snowing/rainning and the weather man tells me it is suppose to last for 3 days. Ooo no!

Pissed off, I turned the van around and drove to Bishop. Overall driving time? You do the math.

I've been in Bishop for the last two days. It is very cold at night but superb climbing weather during daytime provide a down jacket and a thermost of tea. Manageable.
The good weather is suppose to stick for a while. Good. Finally, my luck (or lack of it) is turning. The Buttermilks are still not accessible. 4x4 with serious clearance is required. Let's give it a week or so.

Meanwhile, I am reapeting lot's of classic lines. I would like to provide pictures but the connection at the Looney Been is terrible. My upload to Flickr is constantly failing. Same with my 8a profile. Will have to do it via memory stick from the library. Tomorrow is a rest day, I will get on that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky bastard

MN

Pépé said...

Ya but it is still pretty f@!%$ng cold. You have to be carefull not to snap pulleys.