Friday, May 2, 2008

Chapter 22: Jet lag and such...

Every morning at 1:30am, my body is ready to go. I stay eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling till 5am where I finally get some light sleep till usually 9am. My care taker can help but to laugh loudly at my look as I walk out of the house. Cause I scored big time. Luck of the draw, I found a guest house - not a hostel, that is completely different here -, with my private room, kitchen, bathroom and tv for 100 Rand a night. That turns out to about 10$ Canadian. On top of that, she cooks for me! Sweet.

Back to the climbing now. There is nobody. Not a single climbing soul. I went to every guest house, camping, hotels and motels. Nop, nobody. My first day of climbing sucked. Most of the problem require many pads. While managing a few ground falls, I grew tired of 35 degree temperature, talking to my chalk bag and crappy lines. Really, how can they call this a world class area? I certainly did not traveled two continents to climb a pile of shit comparable to Big Choss.

But it got better, much better.

No comments: