Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chapter 38: The woods are magic!

I am in Switzerland. Magic Woods!

It is fantastic. The forest is, well magic. If you've been to Squamish, you don't need to come here. No wait, you really need to come here. Although the forest looks exactly the same, the problems are so much better. The lines magnificent, everywhere. You just want to climb everything.

The landings you ask? This place makes Squamish landing look like a flat beach. You definitely need a lot of pads and spotter here. Wondering on your own is almost impossible.

Ok, a bit about the logistic now. Magic Woods is in the complete nowhere. They dont even sale ice at the grocery store. Finding an Internet connection is even more of a mission impossible. What I was able to get cost 1$ a minute. Better not make any typing mistake. Since it is very expensive, I will try to keep up with the weekly video and to answer you all, even with very short words so keep on writing.

The next post will be in french so no bitching Dom. It will give you an opportunity to learn the language of love.

I should stay here for a month or two, if it does not rain too much. Since I got here, all I can say is that I wish I brought my rubber boots. Kind of hard to go cranking in the rain. But we manage. It makes for great stories I tell you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CIAO pèpè , have you meet gabriele in magic wood?
eh eh switzerland is very expensive!!!
in september we will go to fontainebleau we hope to meet you
bon voyage marianna from italy

Anonymous said...

et you are truely a lucky bastard haha. crank hard and lets see a v13 soon!!!!! meeting up with dom at the end of the month in california im sure youll be brought up when were thinking about why we ever left bishop.

Greg from WI