Sunday, July 13, 2008

Chapter 40: 38 hours and counting...

That is for how long it's been raining for. I was reading my log book this morning to find out that since I've been here - 13 days -, we've got more rainy days then anything else. Here, when it rains, it poors. Looks like the situation is the same everywhere. The campground is filled with licence plates from all over Europe. People are trying to escape the rain. As one of the viking would say: "when you chase the sun, the rain follows". The poor lad and his friends drove all the way from Sweden to Switzerland, 24 hours overall, desperatly trying to climb something along the way.

So far, the "E. van of love" is working just fine and keeping me dry. These lines are written from inside of it at candle light with a pot of tea on the stove.

Here are a few videos shot in between thunder showers. Kudo to the climbers who still manage to send despite wet holds.



Some friends from Belgium. She'd been working the line for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great videos et! Saw on the 8a you slayed another 11 great job! Like i said earlier if no 13 soon ill kick you in the balls before dom does.

Pépé said...

Ya well, grade are hard here cause the rock is granite and granite requires good temps. I do my best. I am working on a 12 at the moment. All I am hoping for is that the sun shine for more then 2 days so it can dry.

Take care my friend.

E.