Saturday, January 19, 2008

Chapter 2: On the way to heaven...

So I left Cow-Town at around 9:40am. Clouds were menacing but still holding. By the city limits, it was a full white out which would follow me all day.

The cool thing about bad road conditions is that people tend to stay home as opposed to go shopping across the border. There was nobody on the road. At the crossing: 9 cars in front of me. That should go fast that I tell myself. Ya right. An hour later, it is my turn to go for the full interrogation. After chatting with the guy for about 15 minutes, he figures that my story is legit, hand my paper and let me go. Sweet! This time, I did not have to go inside to explain myself.

Montana is beautiful when dressed in white. The snow kept falling till about an hour ago. I am writing these words straight from my private 5 star room at the Dodge’ Inn in Dillon. You guys should see the room. Ho! Exotic Swedish Therma-Rest mattress technology, bottle water, thick and comfy MEC synthetic/down quill. For the price, hard to come by.

Another 10 hours awaits me tomorrow. I should make it to Ely, right on the border of Nevada and California.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

le pepe! we miss you already. mostly. sort of.